- Information For
- Cost & Aid
- Student Life
Admission Requirements - International Students
An international student is a student seeking a bachelor’s degree who is:
- a citizen of any country other than the U.S.
- not in the U.S. as an immigrant.
International students can enter OSU as a freshman or transfer student.
Students will enter as a freshman if you have earned less than 24 credit hours of college-level credit after graduation from high school (Higher Secondary).
Freshman International Admissions Documents Required:
- Completed Admission/Scholarship application
- $90 nonrefundable application fee (paid by credit card)
- Copy of Passport Bio page
- English proficiency test (PBT/IBT TOEFL or IELTS)
- Official high school transcript (average GPA 3.0 and above). Transcripts must be submitted in original language and translated to English.
- College transcript from each institution attended (if you have earned college-level credit). Transcripts must be submitted in original language and translated to English.
- Financial Guarantee documentation
Freshman Admission Standards
International students qualify for assured admission if they meet the following criteria:
- English-language proficiency exams* of TOEFL Score: PBT 500+ OR IBT: 61+OR IELTS Score 5.5+, AND
- High School GPA 3.0+ (based on a 4.0 scale)
Students will enter as a transfer student if they have earned more than 24 credit hours of college-level credit from an accredited U.S. college or university or a recognized post secondary level institution located outside of the U.S. after graduation from high school (Higher Secondary).
Transfer Admission Standards
|Credit Hours Attempted*||Admission Requirements|
|7-23 credit hours||Freshman admission requirements and 2.25 GPA|
|24-59 credit hours||2.25 GPA|
|More than 60 hours or associate degree||2.0 GPA|
Students who don't meet transfer admission requirements but feel their past academic
performance is not indicative of their ability to succeed in college can submit a
petition for admission on probation.
*excluding incomplete, passing grades (ex: "P" or "S"), remedial/developmental, repeated/forgiven credit and activity courses.
Transfer probation petitions must be submitted by noon the Thursday before the start of the term for which you have applied. Once your petition has been evaluated, you will be notified of the admission decision as soon as possible. If you have questions about the petition process, contact us at 405-744-5358.
* English-language proficiency exams will be waived for domestically-based international high school students who have attended an English-speaking school for 3 or more years.
* English-language proficiency exams will be waived for transfer students who have 24 or more transferable credit hours from a U.S. or English-speaking post-secondary institution.