- Information For
- Cost & Aid
- Student Life
Tips for Completing Your Application
Congratulations, you’ve made the decision to apply to Oklahoma State University. The first step in your journey to joining the Cowboy family is completing the application. So where should you start?
- We encourage all students to complete the online application. It’s a much quicker process for you, and we can contact you with your admission status in a shorter amount of time.
- Answer the essay questions. They are used for admission and scholarship consideration, so make sure you put some thought into them. Follow our tips for crafting a powerful essay to ensure you're presenting yourself in the best light and maximizing your opportunities at OSU.
- Take your time to complete the entire application accurately. While our application isn't long, it's important to take your time completing it. You can always log back in to the application to complete and submit it at a later date. It is in your best interest to give OSU as much information as possible.
- Ask for help. If you have questions about the application process, ask a parent, a guidance counselor, or call the OSU Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 405-744-5358. We will help guide you through the process if something is confusing or unclear.
- You aren’t finished after completing the application. We also need your $40 non-refundable application fee or fee waiver, your high school or college transcript, and your official ACT or SAT scores (for students with less than 24 college credits).